The non-profit Carmichael Parks Foundation will hold its 2nd annual Antiques Bubbles & Brunch fundraiser on April 23, 2017 at La Sierra Community Center.
The Carmichael Park Foundation presents a unique and exciting fundraiser at the La Sierra Community Center.
The non-profit Carmichael Parks Foundation will hold its 2nd Annual 2017 fundraiser at the La Sierra Community Center on April 23, 2017. This years fun and exciting event will be featuring:
- Antique appraisals with a variety of specialties
- A wine and beer bar, and
- A brunch provided by a premier local caterer.
How will the proceeds be used…..
Youth Scholarships: “No Child Gets Turned Away”
- Each year our park District must turn away dozens of youth whose families are not able to cover registration fees. Park District scholarships will cover up to 50% of the costs of child participation in recreation programs.
- Our youth programs include dance and gymnastics, tennis, soccer, basketball, volleyball, flag football and a wide range of activities for summer day camps etc. The Park District also provides reading enrichment programs, after school day care and youth Spanish classes.
- In some of our elementary schools, because of the low family income, more than eighty percent of the children are provided free or reduced price meals. About 19% of the Carmichael population are eighteen or under and many with high needs.
- Almost forty percent of the households, whose head of the household is under 34, have an income of less than $35,000.
- About 47% of the housing units in Carmichael are rental units which provides special challenges for our Park District.
Park Beautification and Renovation
- We need to expand our beautification/renovation commitments to make Carmichael Park a more attractive, safer and welcoming community center;
- With the county efforts to improve the intersection of Fair Oaks and Grant, we believe we can focus funds that will compliment the county efforts
We hope that you will join with us in supporting our 2nd annual major 2017 fundraiser, Antiques, Bubbles and Brunch to be held on April 23, 2017 at the La Sierra Community Center.
Thank you to our generous sponsors and antique appraisers who helped us make the 2016 event successful.
Plumbers & Pipefitters Local Union 447
Buckley & Endow
R C Nielsen Insurance Services
Von Housen Automotive Group
Mark A. Kujiraoka, DDS
Carmicael Creek Neighborhood Association
Somach Simmons & Dunn
D Net Marketing
Kiaran Locy PR + Marketing
Anderson Brothers Collision
TC Printing Sacramento
Caryn Conway magnoliaantiquesandhomeinteriors.com
Linda Hawthorne estatesalesandappraisals.net
Randy Orzalli lsb-appraisals.com
Mandy Sabbadini sabbadiniappraisals.com
Gary Schiff schiffestateservices.com
The non-profit Carmichael Parks Foundation held its first fundraiser at the Milagro Experience on May 1, 2016. Below is a video promoting the 2016 event:
See the article in the Carmichaeltimes.com